Fika

To have a break during the day and sit down with friends, family or colleagues and together enjoy some coffee (kaffe) and pastries (fikabröd), that is the meaning of the word fika. For Swedes, the fika breaks (fikapaus) are the most important part of the day and of the Swedish culture.


måndag 10 mars 2014

Out sick today...be back soon!

Åh nej, veckan inleddes med en förkylning och halsont. Jag som trodde att jag skulle slippa alla vårförkylningar nu när jag bor i Malaysia, men så resonerade visst inte viruset! Blev sängliggande hela dagen men det var kanske bra för då kunde jag göra lite mer efterforskningar om min verksamhet, import av kaffe och annat från Sverige, licenser som jag måste söka etc. Jag har kommit i kontakt med ett företag som försöker hjälpa mig med importen av olika svenska varor hit till Malaysia. Det är mycket att tänka på och jag behöver all hjälp jag kan få. Om det är någon av er därute som har erfarenhet av att importera/exportera svenska varor utomlands får ni gärna kontakta mig! Jag hade ju även tänkt att provbaka lite mera bröd och annat idag som jag köpt ingredienser och förberett inför. Men det blir att skjuta upp det till morgon och hoppas på att förkylningen gått över då.  


Oh no, this week began with a cold and a sore throat. I thought I would be able to avoid spring flu and colds now that I live in Malaysia, but apparently the virus had set it's mind on something differently! And so I spent pretty much my whole day in bed, which in a way maybe was a good thing because then I could do some more research on my business, like imports of coffee and other goods from Sweden, licenses that I have to apply for etc. I've also been in contact with a company that is trying to help me with the imports of various Swedish goods to Malaysia. There's a lot to take into consideration when it comes to the import of certain goods and I need all the help I can get. Today I had also planned to test bake some more bread and pastry for the cafe which I already bought and prepared the ingredients for. I guess I just have to postpone it until tomorrow and hope the cold is gone by then.

I thought this was brilliant!  



2 kommentarer: