Fika

To have a break during the day and sit down with friends, family or colleagues and together enjoy some coffee (kaffe) and pastries (fikabröd), that is the meaning of the word fika. For Swedes, the fika breaks (fikapaus) are the most important part of the day and of the Swedish culture.


torsdag 29 augusti 2013

Fully committed!

Right now we're in the midst of packing and cleaning the apartment. Luckily we have not bought so much stuff during the year that we have lived here in Sweden, which feels really good right now. Despite this, it is still a lot to do and in the midst of all this my husband gets sick ... poor thing! So today it's just me who has been carrying boxes down in the basement and cleaned the apartment. It's a good thing I've moved so many times before, so I know what I'm doing! When the move is completed, it is not long until we fly to our new adventure. I have previously not felt so good about living in Malaysia. Before living in Malaysia, I lived in Beijing, a city that I'm totally in love with! Beijing has everything you could ever want from a city and I have never been in a place where I have met so many wonderful and loving people. So to move from there to a small island in Malaysia, was something of a culture shock for me. But this time, as we move back, it feels different. Maybe because this time we have a more long term plan and most importantly, I have something meaningful to do. It's hard to get into the life of a place when you always stand with one foot elsewhere. To adapt to a new place requires commitment. This time I have decided to stand with both feet in Penang! So, last night me and my husband where sitting and fantasized a little about our new life in Penang and how we are going to renovate and design our shophouse. It's always so much fun when you get to dream and fantasize about things that you want to do and achieve. The result was this sketch.
Makes total sense, doesn't it?!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar