Fika

To have a break during the day and sit down with friends, family or colleagues and together enjoy some coffee (kaffe) and pastries (fikabröd), that is the meaning of the word fika. For Swedes, the fika breaks (fikapaus) are the most important part of the day and of the Swedish culture.


söndag 15 september 2013

Batu Lancang wet market

We have no internet at home yet so I'm still dependent on wifi at cafes and public areas. In a way it's quite nice to be without internet and tv for a while, but I miss being able to contact family and friends whenever I want to. Hopefully we will get internet within 1-2 weeks. Everything takes a bit longer here in Malaysia, not like in Sweden or China where everything happens quite quickly. But there are some charm in that too, that not everything have to happen so fast all the time, even if it is a little difficult to get used to when you are born and raised in a country where everything is based on that things will happen on time. Since I myself am a bit of a time optimist, it is quite nice for me that 11.00 does not always mean exactly 11.00 but can mean 11:30 or in some cases maybe even 12:00. The public transportation is something though that I, despite my time optimism have given up hope on. Waiting at a bus stop in 30 degrees heat for over an hour without a single bus turned up ... no thanks! Anyway, today we went (by car, not by bus) to the market Batu Lancang to buy some fish and vegetables to cook. Although it is cheap here to eat out, it's nice with some home cooked food at times, especially when there is so much nice ingredients to buy. Here are some pictures I took from the market we were at.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar