Fika

To have a break during the day and sit down with friends, family or colleagues and together enjoy some coffee (kaffe) and pastries (fikabröd), that is the meaning of the word fika. For Swedes, the fika breaks (fikapaus) are the most important part of the day and of the Swedish culture.


tisdag 18 februari 2014

Overheated in Penang

Oj, vad lite bloggande det har blivit på senaste! Det har varit så otroligt varmt här i Malaysia den senaste veckan så har faktiskt inte kunnat sova så mycket på grund av värmen, så därav trötthet och noll inspiration. Jag undrar om man någonsin helt kan vänja sig vid att det är så varmt jämt när man är från ett kallt land som Sverige? När jag först flyttade till Malaysia för 3 år sedan så sa min man till mig "jag vet att ni svenskar älskar värmen och solen, men när du väl bor här kommer du tyvärr inte att känna så längre. Du kommer bli trött på värmen". "Det kommer aldrig hända" sa jag då! Självklart hade han rätt, min kära man, jag är just nu skittrött på värmen. Den enda lösningen när jag är överhettad är att ta sig ett svalkande dopp i poolen och att titta på fina vinterbilder från Sverige. Åh vad jag saknar snö!


It hasn't been any activity on this blog for a whole week now! The reason for that is because it's been so incredibly hot here in Malaysia the last week so I've not been able to sleep much, thereof total fatigue and zero inspiration. I wonder if you can ever completely get used to this hot weather when you're from a cold country like Sweden? When I first moved to Malaysia  3 years ago, my husband said to me "I know you Swedes love the heat and the sun, but once you live here, you will unfortunately not feel that way anymore. You will get really tired of the heat." My reply to that was "It will never happen"! Of course he was right, my dear husband, I'm really, really, really tired of the heat. The only solution when I'm this overheated is to take a cool dip in the pool and to look at some beautiful winter pictures from Sweden. Oh, I really miss snow!

Sweden in February 2011

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar