Fika

To have a break during the day and sit down with friends, family or colleagues and together enjoy some coffee (kaffe) and pastries (fikabröd), that is the meaning of the word fika. For Swedes, the fika breaks (fikapaus) are the most important part of the day and of the Swedish culture.


måndag 18 november 2013

Tema Sverige













Tema Sverige har det känts lite som idag här i Penang. Dels så var jag och åt lunch med en annan svensk tjej som bor här i Penang, vilket var väldigt trevligt. Skönt att få prata och skoja lite på svenska som omväxling. Värvat min första kafebesökare tror jag bestämt att jag har gjort också. Kanelbullar har jag lovat att leverera. Eftersom det blev så mycket svenska på lunchen så tänkte jag att jag skulle fortsätta med samma tema hemma. Blev sugen på chokladbollar, vilket jag också tänkt att servera på mitt kafe så jag provade att baka några för att se hur de skulle bli. Det är svårt att hitta ingredienser som smakar likadant som i Sverige, särskilt vad gäller mejeriprodukter. Men jag hoppas att de ska smaka som hemma. Fördelen är att kokosflingorna man köper här är dagsfärska, direkt från kokosnöten. Det är något som man inte hittar i Sverige kan jag lova!


It has been a bit of a Swedish theme here in Penang today. First, I was having lunch with another Swedish girl who lives here in Penang, which was very nice. Great to be able to talk and have a bit of jokes in Swedish for a change. I also believe that I now have my first cafe visitor, yay! I have promised to deliver some kanelbullar (cinnamon buns) and Swedish filter coffee. Since the theme for lunch was Sweden, I thought I would continue with the same theme at home. I was craving for some chokladbollar (chocolate balls,) which I also intend to serve at my cafe so I tried to bake a few to see how they would turn out. It's hard to find ingredients that taste the same as in Sweden, in particular dairy products. But I hope they'll taste just like home. The good thing here is that the coconut flakes you buy here is daily fresh, straight from the coconut. That is something you will not find in Sweden, that's for sure!
I

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar